5 Benefits of Facials
Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and your face is one of your more noticeable body features. Like it or not, your facial appearance plays an important role in helping you to find a life mate, build friendships, get a job, and boost your self-confidence and self-esteem. Therefore, you need to take care of your skin to keep it looking healthy and at its best. Facials performed by a licensed skin care professional at Euphoria Spa & Wellness Center can enhance your appearance, protect your skin, and prevent more serious skin issues from occurring.
What are some benefits of facials?
When you add monthly facials to your overall skin care program, you can gain several rewards. These include:
- Enhanced appearance. A facial helps to deep clean your skin by removing grease and dirt while unclogging pores. Exfoliation helps eliminate dead skin cells to reveal healthier, more radiant skin. It also helps to tighten and firm your skin for a more youthful appearance. Exfoliation also enable moisturizers or serums to penetrate your skin more effectively to quench dry skin.
- Increased circulation. Facials often involve some massage which improves and restores circulation to your skin. Massage helps to increase blood flow, which brings vital nutrients, water and oxygen, to your skin cells. Enhanced blood flow decreases puffiness and helps create and maintain new skin cells which plump your skin and give it a healthy glow.
- Slowed skin aging. While there’s no way to stop the aging process, facials can help slow its affects. Facials can increase collagen and enhance the elasticity and tone of your skin to reduce sagging and minimize wrinkles. Moisturizers and serums nourish your skin, giving it a smoother appearance. Dead skin removal helps reduce the impact of sun exposure, smoking and other environmental factors, which are signs of aging.
- Reduced tension. Stress can cause the muscles in your face to tense up, making your skin more likely to wrinkle. Facial massage can relieve stress and encourage peace of mind which helps slow premature aging.
- Prevention of serious skin issues. Stress can trigger rosacea and aggravate acne and other skin inflammations. Regular facials can alleviate stress and reduce your risk of having these conditions. Additionally, an esthetician can recognize the signs of more serious skin problems and refer you to a dermatologist for treatment before these problems get worse.
Reap the benefits of facials by scheduling a 30-minute express facial to cleanse and exfoliate your skin or 60-minute corrective facial to address your specific skincare needs at Euphoria Spa & Wellness Center, located in Avon, Ind. Contact us at 317-718-0800 to schedule your appointment. We’re sure you’ll find our facials to be a transforming experience that leaves your skin looking clear, smooth and radiant.